Monday, December 15, 2008

Downtown Aquarium



I love the Aquarium restaurant. It's a special place for Terry and I since we went together during our first weekend trip. A few years later Terry took me to the Houston location after he proposed. So I've been dying to take Micah.


We arrived at the Downtown Aquarium as soon as they opened Saturday morning at 11. Terry and I bought day passes for $16 which allowed us access to everything as many times as we liked. Micah could do everytihng for free.

So for less than $40 after tax we spent four hours there and took multiple ferris wheel rides, carousel rides, shark expedition train rides, and we enjoyed the Aquarium Adventure Exhibit three times. Micah loved every part of it and didn't want to go home. Everytime we asked if he was ready to leave he asked to ride the train again, "Choo-choo!"


And since it was a special occasion (our ongoing celebration of Christmas!!) we even ate at the restaurant. The food here, in my opinion, is only okay, but the ambiance with the giant fish tanks makes it worth it. And Micah loved the "make your own sundae" he ordered. They brought him ice cream with little tubs of candy, chocolate chips, cherries, whip cream, and chocolate sauce. He had a ton of fun decorating it! I think his favorite was giant spoonfuls of whipped cream (just like his favorite part of his meal of corndogs and applesauce was giant spoonfuls of ketchup!)



To see even more pics of the aquarium go to www.domino.shutterfly.com.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Super super cute! He is such a fun little guy. As opposed to a mushroom (a fun guy...get it? Huh huh?) Oh, tough room...

AQ said...

FUN! I want to go there sometime!