Friday, December 1, 2006

Only 10 Weeks To Go!

I'm 30 weeks today! Here's what's changing for me and Micah...
(You can check out where I get this info at www.motherbliss.com)

Week 29
Me:
I am able to feel the baby moving around almost constantly, especially his bottom and feet.
My uterus is getting much bigger and will grow tremendously from now 'till the end.
Moms at this stage have an urge to go to the restroom more frequently because of the pressure of the growing uterus on the bladder and internal organs.
I will need to rest more often.

Micah:
Micah is approx 38cm long (about 15 inches) and weighs about 2lb 4oz.
His head is more or less in proportion with the rest of his body.
Micah's eyes, which can now open and close, are beginning to focus.

Week 30
Me:
As I become large, I will start to get slower and clumsier.
It is important that I maintain good posture while sitting and standing to prevent backache.
I may experience problems in sleeping and also be unable to find a comfortable position to sleep in. A special maternity pillow will help me get really comfortable at sleeptime.
I should roll on to my side before getting up from a lying position.
I will experience breathlessness from walking fast or climbing stairs.

Micah:
Micah is approx 39cm long (about 15.35 inches) and weighs about 2lb 8oz.
There is now less space for him to move around and he may begin to feel cramped inside me.
Micah continues to practice rhythmic breathing movements. (We saw him doing this on the last ultrasound!)
Tater continues to get fatter and plumper and would be able to keep warm if born prematurely.

No comments: