I gotta tell you, this pregnancy thing has been such a roller coaster.
It's starts with, "I don't feel pregnant. And I'm so bloated, that I just look fat. Must find "Baby on the Way" t-shirt..."
Then there's the, "I need a nap to get over the exhaustion caused by my nap."
And, of course, there's the, "Please, God, keep this baby safe and sound. Let's make it to the second trimester."
Then, "Finally, no more internal exams at the Dr.'s office."
And, suddenly, you're a big walking uterus, as you're so overwhelmed by the round ligament pain and sciatica you begin to have.
But, that just means the baby is big enough to finally get an ultrasound.
BAM! You're going to have a son. Our Tater is a Micah. So much excitement. Little boys are so fun!
Then there's the realization that I get to do the thing I've always wanted to do most. "I get to be a stay at home mom four days a week!"
And, of course, next comes the surprising fact that you are filling out those maternity clothes REALLY well. Yep, the same ones you strecthed out full-force in the dressing room and thought, "These will definitely last till the baby comes!"
BAM! I don't know what to do with boys! How can I raise a son?
"Oh wow! I can feel him move. He really is in there! No other feeling like it!"
Good-bye Ankles. Hello Cankles.
"Can we really afford for me to stay home four days a week???"
"Oh, that's right- what we really can't afford is daycare."
Night sweats, freakish dreams, and bad skin, Oh MY!
"Micah needs some cousins." Jill, Kelly? Where are the cousins?
Where did my feet go? And what is going on with my belly button?
"Excuse me, can you bend down and pick up my purse/shoes? Can you tie my shoes? While you're down there can you rub my feet?"
Why is my stomach bumping like that? Reminds me of Alien...
And then comes the, "Please God, just let me deliver the baby during one powerful sneeze. No labor for me, thanks."
And, oh the pregnancy books! I double-dare you...Go ten feet in our apartment without seeing one.
"Why does such a tiny person need so much stuff?"
And later..."I love all this baby stuff!"
There's the arguments, "Terry, you MUST stay by my head during delivery. And I mean it!"
"Micah, get off Mommy's bladder!"
"I don't care what I said before, you just have to watch Micah be born. It's a miracle! I'm going to watch in a mirror, too!"
"What do you mean that pain is from my pelvic bones widening? That's terrifying!"
"Terry, hurry! He's playing soccer over here!"
Will he have your blue eyes? My longer second toe?
"How is it right that the few months before the baby is here, when we should be catching up on all the sleep we hear we'll be missing, I can't sleep at all?????"
How am I supposed to shave my legs when I can't even reach them?
Oh no, it's time for the internal Dr. exams again.
"Please God, just let him be healthy. And happy. Healthy and happy.... And here."
No comments:
Post a Comment