Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Scary Moments

Hello? Hellooo?
Do I have any readers left after my last gripe-fest?



I'm sure I've mentioned before how wiggly Micah is. His movements have fallen into a very predictable pattern.

Well, I went all day yesterday without feeling him at all. At first it didn't phase me, but as the day continued I began to get worried. I tried all of the things that have spurred him on in the past- like eating something sweet. When that didn't work, I turned to my books and tried what they suggested: drinking water, lying down, playing music. None of that worked. I was really scared because I hadn't even felt the pressure in my abdomen of him pushing against me or rolling around.

I called the doctor and when she didn't hesitate at all, but told me to come right in, that was all I needed to get really worried.

I picked Terry up from work on my way to the hospital and drove like a mad lady the whole 45 minute drive.

Once there they took me back right away. I was able to breathe a little easier after we heard the regular heartbeat. Still not convinced we were out of the woods, my Dr. ordered an ultrasound. They wanted to check Micah's movement and also the amniotic fluid to make sure I had the right amounts of it.

The fluid looked good, and it was nice to see Micah again. The nurse pushed and prodded him to get some reactions, but he wasn't having it. Terry says he was just taking the day off. We did get to see him move his arms a bit, he opened and closed his hands a few times, too. All in all, I was reassured not to worry, and just to accept that he must have been tuckered out and was just taking it easy.

The nurse did say that he's head down now, and hopefully he'll stay that way until the end.

All in all, I'm glad we didn't take any chances and went straight to the hospital at the first sign of distress. We're both so relieved and thankful our little monkey is still safe and sound. It was wonderful to wake up to his little kicks and punches this morning. Guess his little siesta left him feeling revived!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Wow you are so in tune with your baby! I'm impressed with your doctor to be so cautious too!