Yesterday was my bi-monthly check-up. I was in a fine mood while I waited for the doctor. But that didn't last long.
The first thing they do is weigh you. I'm up another 5 pounds this month. That makes the grand total about 25 pounds. Even though I've read countless books about normal weight gain, it is still a complete shock to look down at the scale and see that number staring up at you.
That number...oh, that number...It is my new secret shame. And, speaking of secrets, why can't your weight gain during pregnancy be kept from you? Why don't they ban all scales during these 40 weeks?
The Dr. also said my iron count was a little low, and recommended I take an iron supplement. But, she said, start off just taking one every other day. Apparently, they might make me a little nauseous. Good, I was hoping when this new wave of third trimester nausea went away that there'd be another reason to be sick at my stomach.
So, to make myself feel better I went and had greasy mexican food. What? You mean that won't help my weight gain issue or my upset stomach? Who are you kidding? I grew up in Houston-- Mexican food is like Pepto to me.
At my next appointment, I'll get my strep test, to check for certain bacteria that could be harmful to the babe during delivery. The appointment after that we go over the labor process. And then I start seeing my Dr. (and the scale) once a week.
It's all getting so close, and starting to feel more real.
8 more weeks and I'll get to hold little Tater in my arms! I think I might just break in half from the sheer happiness of seeing Terry cuddling Micah.
No comments:
Post a Comment