We're going to a place in Memorial and so far it's only ok. Well, for me, it's only ok. Micah's in heaven! I think the customer service is severely lacking. For example, the first time we went, Micah saw a huge display where you could buy goggles. He asked for some and since I wanted his very first class to be a really good experience, I bought some for him. From the lady at the counter who had just moments earlier rudely handed me my first-timers packet of papers to fill out. She knew it was our first class. So she sells me a $15 pair of goggles and then we go to meet our swim instructor. Vaunya. She's awesome!
The first thing Vaunya says to me is: "He can wear the goggles this first time, but after that they'll only impede his progress. I'd rather he didn't wear them." Something the lady at the counter might have told me, right?
Anyway, these lessons aren't about me, they're for Micah and he's really enjoying them. He's in a class with 3 other 3 and 4 year olds. They each take a turn doing things one-on-one with Vaunya. Here he is learning to float.
They hold on to these batons and swim the link of the pool on their stomachs, then flip and swim back on their backs.
Such a cute little baldy!
Making googly eyes at Rosemary!
The last thing they do each lesson is dive under water to retrieve a ring that Vaunya holds up with her toes.
Unfortunately, the window into the pool from the waiting room is not one-way. Meaning, he can see me when I watch him. During his first lesson he constantly turned around to grin at me. So now I only peek on him occasionally to watch his progress.
When we leave, he is immediately wiped and ready for a nap. And he's always cold and asking for something hot to eat. He takes great naps on swim days! On the morning of his second lesson, I told him, "Today is swim class day!"
"And he said, "When I woke up in bed I just knew this was a special day!"











2 comments:
Haha! I love that last line.
And how convenient that the Micah Bear has great hair for swimming!
Post a Comment