I could write a book on all the emotions, mood swings, and revelations I've already had about having two kiddos. Just like people tell you about your first baby- no matter how hard you try you can't imagine what it's like 'till you're there. So far it's been a blast!
One HUGE relief and blessing is how quickly Micah has taken to Caleb. He kisses him non-stop, brings him stuffed animals to cuddle and puts his pacifer in when he cries.
Caleb's personality is beginning to show. He's still not a very fussy baby, just a bit more particular about how he's held. Our second day at home I had to go to the store to buy a ton of newborn outfits. Micah's hand-me-down 0-3 month clothes were just way too big!
My only complaint so far is the issues we've had with nursing. Once we introduced the pacifier, he started putting his tongue at the top of his mouth when he tries to eat. So we sometimes struggle with getting a good latch for 30-45 minutes. He wears himself out trying to latch on and that just makes him scream. So when he does finally latch he falls fast asleep and doesn't eat much. So I'm stuck feeding more often due to his smaller meals. That makes for lots of soreness for me. We're hoping this phase passes soon!
He's not a fan of sponge baths either. Here's some pictures of his first...
4 comments:
He's so precious!
I hope nursing gets better for you, definitely one of the harder things in life! Good luck to you! Can't wait to see you guys.
I love how little he is--too cute!! I can't wait to see him again--hopefully the nursing will get easier for him and you!
He is just so handsome! I love seeing Micah so involved with helping Caleb. I can't wait for our babies to meet!!
Such great pics! I want all your words of wisdom of going from 1 to 2...when you have more time, of course. :) I know I'm a broken record, but what a CUTE family!
Post a Comment