Before we get to Zoo Boo...
Aunt Jill took us to check out this 3D chalk drawing a few weeks back. We paid $5 to get in and see... this. I guess it's cool enough...
If you look just at Micah it does kind of look like he's standing in the water.
Terry and I think it was just a ploy to get people to tour million dollar model homes (Which we did. I drooled a bit.) Not sure this was worth $5 though...
Ok, on to Zoo Boo! We joined Kelly, Kyle and Eileen at the Houston Zoo before Halloween. We went back and forth on them wearing their costumes or not. In the end we decided that Micah would be too hot (blasted Houston weather!) and Caleb would get tired of his cumbersome costume and not want to wear it on the actual Halloween day. So we died their hair and put them in Halloween shirts. In the end, I'm glad we did because they both loved having the fun hair!
Besides the candy (which we tried to avoid!) their wasn't too much Halloween stuff going on. But these hanging pumpkins were really cute!
Cousin Eileen (who looks terrified in this picture but actually seemed to have a really good time) was a star. Her costume says Twinkle Twinkle Little Eileen! She wore sparkly silver cuffs around her wrists and ankles. Darn cute!
Oh, did I mention Terry colored his hair too? I was bummed I couldn't color mine! Micah was most excited about seeing the alligators. Since he dressed as Capt Hook for Halloween he's become obsessed with Alligators and crocodiles. (Yes, there's a connection there. Think about it for a second.)
This was taken right after we saw the cuuute baby elephants!They were both annoyed by having to stop to take a photo!
They both had fun choosing their own little pumpkins from the pumpkin patch.
Eileen liked chewing on her pumpkin and then throwing it out of the wagon!
We tried to catch a few photos of all three of them smiling. This is the closest we got!
It was a lot of fun!










2 comments:
I did not need a minute to catch the connection between Capt. Hook and crocodiles!
"Never smile at a crocodile, never tip your hat and sit and talk a while. Don't be taken in by his welcome grin. He's imagining how well you'd look within his skin."
Man I love Peter Pan.
How fun that y'all dyed hair. I didn't even think about costumes, which is good, too, because there really wasn't a whole lot to do there, was there? Besides throw pumpkins. :)
Oh and those baby elephants...adorable and hairy.
Post a Comment