Monday, November 8, 2010

Halloween 2010

For weeks Micah wanted to be Buzz Lightyear for Halloween. Then I let him look online at costumes one day and he liked the Grumpy Bear costume. It's a Care Bear and his favorite stuffed animal is a care bear that he says he's going to marry some day.

Then one day we were at the mall and we went to the Disney Store. Micah saw a Captain Hook costume. He didn't know who it was supposed to be but he said to me, "Is that a pooky (spooky) costume?" I told him that it was a pirate, Captain Hook, and he was immediately set on it.

In the beginning he kept calling it "Captain of the Hook." He was thrilled to be wearing a scary costume and when I told him he would get to wear it to pre-school he said, "No I won't, because it will scare the other kids!"

I chose a Mickey Mouse costume for Caleb because he loves the cartoon mouse! I was really worried about him keeping the outfit on, but he did, and he even wears it around the house now sometimes. The best part about Caleb's costume was that the ears squeaked when you squeezed them!

Unfortunately on Halloween day, Caleb woke up with a fever. And I was having a bad day, pain-wise. So Halloween was kind of a bust this year...

Grandma Joy wanted to come see them in their costumes before we left to go to church's trunk or treat. She wore the Minnie Mouse costume that she'd worn to work.



The Capt Hook sword makes "slashing" noises when you hit it on something.

Micah didn't want to put down his sword or hook, so when he collected candy he held his bucket with the hook. It was pretty funny.

We didn't get any pictures of the trunks but there were awesome ones this year. Micah's favorite was a camping one and the one from 'How to Train A Dragon.' Tommy did a really cool Pirate Ship with the youth this year. The cannon shot candy into the crowd and the band played the Veggie Tales 'Pirates Who Don't Do Anything' song. It was great!


The only smile we got out of Caleb all day was at the Moon Bouncer for babies. He loved it!

Shy Micah didn't want to play any of the games until he figured out that he was missing out on getting candy! He eventually joined in the fun. Here he is throwinng a ring around coke bottles.



 Micah showed Caleb how to sort his candy as soon as they got home.



I always enjoy coming home early enough that we still get to pass out candy to trick or treaters. Micah likes to see all the different costumes. We have a lot of big kids come to our house. I'm sure they weren't thrilled with the organic no sugar lollipops we passed out this year!

No comments: