I needed a costume because her party had an 80's theme celebrating Emily being born in 1980. Lindsey and I hit Good Will and then spent a very loong day shopping with my two very tired kids to get the rest of our outfits.
There's actually so much 80s clothing in style now that most of what we wore came from regular stores (Even my acid wash mini skirt which fell off at the gas station. Another story for another day...). Terry's clothes were a mix from Good Will, a costume store and Claire's (Yes, it was a womans hat. I had my mind set on him wearing a hat Joey McIntyre style, and this was as close as I could find.)
But I did love my cassette necklace and my other hot pink accessories! Fun!
We got to meet a lot of her friends from church (whom she credits as such awesome people because they live in League City. South Houston snob!) and play a really fun game that I'd love to play again someday when I don't have to act out Dirty Dancing in front of strangers! (I, like Baby, do not have hips that move that way!)
Julie made us this 'too-cool' and 'very-Emily' cake and Mel made an 80s cd compilation. James made goofy pirate faces (he was Pirate Roberts from Princess Bride),
Brian made Mr. Rogers jokes all night (taking his shoes off and switching them to more casual sneakers!),
and Nik made me "ooh and ahh" over the creativity of his take on John Cusack.
Terry didn't get a shot of all the girls in costume, but I snapped one of all the guys...
And the best dressed was definitely Mr. and Mrs. Warren! (You could say its because they remember the 80s better than the rest of us, but I think it's really just cause they're so much darn cooler than the rest of us!)
Emily definitely doesn't look 30 (and we know she doesn't act it!) and if this party is any indication of how this next decade of her life will turn out, I can positively say that it will be great!

1 comment:
I literally LOL'ed at the face you caught James making. That's gotta be the LEAST pirate-y face in the rich history of the Dread Pirate Roberts.
Post a Comment