Monday, September 14, 2009

Snapshot of Our Lives

Ok, enough with the introspection. Here's some photos to catch you up on our lives. (Admit it, the only reason you visit us is for the pictures, anyhow!)

The Downtown Aquarium with the Roberts















Playing With Daddy


Attempting a Bottle


Intimidated by the Big Kids at a Small Group Event


Funny Bed Head!


Sleeping Baby


Bouncing Baby


"I've Got My Eye On You"


Caleb Attempts Rice Cereal. (Think he likes it?)






Cranky Face! (can't get this photo to turn the right way)


Wearing Daddy's Clothes


And real quick, two stories I need to capture in print before their memory fades away...

Micah has begun having nightmares. I've been waiting for it because I was so plagued with them growing up. He's been showing a new fear of things lately (like the white tiger in the photo above, and absolutely everything on the Halloween aisles of Target). He told Terry and I on different occasions that after he gets in bed and closes his eyes that there is a monster in the corner of his bedroom. He doesn't cry about it, or even seem particularly scared when he mentions it. But he did tell me last night that the monster scares him. Thankfully I'd read up on this and remembered that you aren't supposed to tell kids this age that mosnters aren't real. That doesn't help them. So we decided to take this approach: "Really? Oh, that silly monster! You just tell him that you already have Care Bear and Elephant in bed with you and that you don't need anyone else to play with. Then he'll go away." Who knows if this works at all...

Micah has been dressing himself for months now. I figured, since he was so into clothes, that I should try to teach him about matching. Sometimes he comes out of his bedroom and holds up his arms and says, "Look good, Mama?" Last week my heart fell through my chest when I heard an awful scream come from Micah's room. I ran in to find him fighting to pull on last year's blue and orange swimsuit that was way too small. He was frustrated that he couldn't get them to fit. I calmed him down and told him that he had outgrown the swimsuit and that he should choose another pair of shorts. He fell to the ground and wailed! Then through tears he pointed to his shirt and said, "Blue and orange!" He had accurately found the one pair of shorts in his drawers that exactly matched the colors in his shirt! Now we are trying to get him to understand that blue jeans and khaki match everything!

And lastly, Micah has taken to saying to me at various times in the day, "Having a good day, Mommy?" And when Terry comes home he says, "How was work, Daddy?"

2 comments:

cmf9ferrell said...

I bet he just melts your heart asking you how your day was!! How awesome is it that a 2 year old cares about matching?! Oh and the bouncer thing that Caleb is in my Mom has at her house and Parker loves it! Especially the bird flying at the top. ;)

Emily said...

haha! The matching story is so cute. Micah is such a hard worker, it seems. I love that he cares about y'all's day, too. Caleb is making that "I just ate something TOTALLY different and weird" face. I love that expression on babies! Is he still rejecting it?