Micah is no longer allowed to play with the tv remote or phone. Once he started calling out of the country, we had to nix that. Yesterday I was making dinner and watched from the kitchen as Micah climbed up onto the couch, picked the phone up off the cushion and opened it.
I walked around to the front of the couch and made him jump (from guilt!) when I said, "Are you playing with the phone?"
He closed that phone so fast and shoved it behind his back where it was out of view. Then he looked me straight in the eye and shook his head no.
It was all I could do to keep from laughing. I held my hand out and said, "Put the phone in Mama's hand. No phone." And he shook his head again, shrugged his shoulders and held his arms up as if to say, "Where could that phone have gotten to?"
All it took was one mention of having to go to the time out and he graciously plopped it into my hand.
Later in the day he grabbed some laundry from the basket I was folding and bounded off to his room. I called for him to stop and he froze right before turning into the hallway to his room. He looked at me and I said, "Bring me that shirt back right now." He shook his head no. That was his first outright attempt at defiance. I full-named him (Micah Richard Domino!!) and he did go straight to time out this time.
3 comments:
Uh oh is right! Not that I'm looking forward to the defiance and boundary testing, but I am looking forward to when Hazel understands me. That must be fun to have 'conversations' with your child.
When did he call out of the country?? It's too bad he didn't call India...because he's famous in Delhi, you know.
OH my gosh! That is hilarious! How do you stop yourself from laughing? That would be so hard not to!!
-Cari
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's all there is to say about this one. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Post a Comment