My brain is mush. I've been bad about blogging lately. So, here's just a quick snapshot of our lives:
Caleb is two nano-seconds away from crawling. I give it two more weeks- tops- before he's scootin' around the house and we have to put up gates. He's at that great age where he can finally amuse himself with toys for several minutes at a time. He's taking two long naps, one short nap every day. He loves carrots and applesauce. Hates peas and peaches. Splashing in the bathtub is his favorite pasttime. He likes to test his lung capacity by shrieking loudly when he's both very, very mad, and very, very happy. Just another reason why he's earned the nickname, Rowdy.
Micah is almost three! I can't wrap my mushy brain around that. He can say the ABCs, spell his name, recite his birthday. He goes in stages where cartoons are the best thing in the world and he'll watch them all morning for days. Then he suddenly decides he's had enough and he'll just get up from the couch one morning and say, "No TV," and it'll stay off during the day for at least a week after that.
He found a pair of binoculars at a friends house a few months ago, so he decided that's what he wanted for Christmas. But then he bought a pair with his piggy bank money at Disney On Ice. Now when we ask him what he wants for Christmas he says, "One, two, three, four, five, six pairs of 'noculars." And when we tell him that he doesn't need more than one pair of binoculars, he acts like that stresses him and he just couldn't imagine having to choose something else to ask for for Christmas.
Micah is still shy around strangers. We're working on getting him to learn that he at least has to be polite and smile when people talk to him. He's begun to glare and growl at people when they extend kindness and ask him a question. And that's not ok!
We've finally figured out that when he sees 'monsters' which he still says he does several times a week, that they are the friendly, colorful variety that you see on PBS's cartoon, Happy Monster Band.
Both boys are (kinda) starting to play together. Micah will lie or sit beside Caleb on the floor and they'll roll around together. They'll share toys and sometimes Micah reads to Caleb. My Aunt told me recently that her kids (who were the same months apart as Micah and Caleb) played really well together from early on and that it made the days a lot easier for her. That was encouraging!
(P.S. I know I haven't updated the Shutterfly photo site since September. I'm so sorry! October photos will be up by this weekend. I PROMISE!)
3 comments:
I like the new blog! I'm excited to relax this weekend and catch up entirely! So you might go on Dr. Laura's website and see if you can find what she says about kids who are shy around strangers. It's pretty interesting. I think it'll help you to not be frustrated when he acts the way he does. And on that note-he was definitely a friendly little guy with me! We had a BLAST when I was in town last time!
Caleb is almost crawling?? CRAZY!! Parker still HATES tummy time...not sure what I am going to do b/c he could care less. I guess he is just very lazy! ;) He is starting to grab everything in site though. I know I am about to be a lot busier watching him!! Micah is just so precious! I wish I could see your kiddos and you more often ;(
The main reason I wanted my kids close in age was the playmate thing, too!
Micah is such a boy. Hazel would never want 'noculars. :)
Post a Comment