We waited for Micah to fill in the blank and tell us what he thought a Daddy on a farm would say.
His answer: "With a frAAAck, frAAAck here. And a frAAAck, frAAAck there."
-He was saying his prayers in bed the other day when he begin talking about how he'd gotten in to trouble earlier that afternoon. "Jesus: jump...table. Bad. Trouble." After we kissed him goodnight and closed the door, Terry started cracking up. He said Micah was repenting of his sins!
- I think super heros must be built in to boys' DNA just like guns. Micah loves Spiderman, Batman, Superman, etc. I found these pjs at Walmart that have a little velcro cape that sticks to the back. He LOVES them. Runs around the house in them singing his version of the Batman theme song. Check out that six pack!
-Caleb is still grimacing. I think that, coupled with his double chin, is what makes him still look old -mannish. Here's some goofy face pictures. 
-It's quite unfortunate that Caleb has an aversion to loud sounds. Lots of babies can sleep through loud noises. Not Caleb. He's not bothered by extreme temperatures, bright lights, or being jostled. But he's extremely bothered by loud noises. And I say that's unfortunate because... well, because he has an older brother named Micah who loves, absolutely loves, to run at Caleb from across the room and land in his face with a ROOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAR or a scream. It makes Caleb cry or at the very least, he'll jerk his arms up like this and make one of those "bitter beer" faces like you see above. Poor, cute kid.
-I think Caleb and Micah are so different. It's funny, when I look around at other siblings I don't expect them to all be alike. But for some reason I expected Caleb to be just a different version of Micah. In most ways, though, he's completely different. He likes to be held differently, sleeps differently, his little body even looks different in the same clothes that Micah used to wear. While I usually called Micah things like, "Mr. Man, Micah Bear, and Monkey" Caleb gets names like, "Sugar Plum, Little One, and Moon Doggie." When I was pregnant with Caleb I shared with some of you that I thought he was going to be a bit more gentle, a bit more introverted than Micah. I think that's true so far. He's more of a momma's boy too. Which is nice, I must admit!
-It killed me that I spent all day with Olivia last weekend and didn't get one picture of her with the boys. It's so unlike me to not have a camera in my hand at all times. I guess I'm falling down on the job. Em and I were at Lindsey's new CUTE house yesterday and we got great pics of her with the kids. Em said it best- we just want regular pictures of our children with all the special people in their lives. Liv- I guess that means we need another day trip ASAP! 
4 comments:
Micah stories crack me up. I love that little silly goose.
I'm really bummed about the Olivia picture thing too. And Cari. And come to think of it, I don't have any of YOU with my girls either, and since Ash hasn't met Annabel yet, obviously none of those either. Wow...need some girl time!
Yes! I need to take pictures with the kids next time! I love the picture of Lindsey with all of them! So cute!
I LOVE reading stories about Micah!! I need to see that little guy! Cute picture of Linds!!! Love the idea!
Speaking from the experience of having a little brother, I can assure you that super heros are now a part of Micah's world. My brother STILL watches cartoon Batman and I occasionally see him sneaking in a pack of Batman fruit snacks. He may be 19, but boys will be boys!
Post a Comment