Friday, March 7, 2008

Little Bits of Laughter


I keep finding odd things in my the laundry. Yesterday it was one of my flip flops. But in the past, I've also inadvertently washed Micah's shoes, many toys, and these little monkeys that velcro to a tree. Ever since we taught Micah how to clean up (by putting things in his toy boxes) he's loved putting small things into bigger things.

Which is why I find random items in the laundry. Sometimes I find them before they make their way to the washer, sometimes I don't find them until I'm folding fresh clothes.

He's starting to get really frustrated because he's figuring out that you can't just put anything into a box. Size matters. Yesterday he had two grouch attacks where he threw himself down and whined because he couldn't get A. his car into the shelf under the entertainment center and B. his creepy singing bear into a dresser drawer. I tried to show him that they were too big to cram into small spaces. But, in the end, I just let him push and shove and grunt until he wore himself out trying to make them fit. He's gotta learn, right?

When he was younger and his hair was at its craziest, he reminded me of Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes. Now his personality is catching up and he's more than a little mischievous. If he's doing something and you tell him, "no" he'll stop what he's doing and stand very, very still. He'll keep his eyes on you and when he thinks you aren't paying attention anymore he'll inch his fingers back into forbidden territory. This goes on for minutes at a time. He just won't give up!

2 comments:

Emily said...

How weird that you can already say, "When he was younger..." He is SUCH a cutie!! I'm dying to meet him.

Tyler said...

I CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY WITH MICAH!!!! he's soooo darn cute!

One week from today!