Other diners at restaurants are always eyeing us when we come in. There are, generally, three types of looks we get. 1.Those who are delighted to see a baby. These people wave and coo and smile through our entire dinner. 2.Those people who give us disapproving looks. Why are they feeding him that food, that way? Why isn't he holding his own cup? Why are they letting him make such a mess? And then there are those people who flat out are not happy to see that you've brought what they expect will be a whiny, smelly, bratty disturbance to their meal.
Friday we're sitting there eating, and this woman comes up behind Micah and says, "Oh! Well, he's a boy isn't he? Well, I've been watching him the whole dinner and he's just so handsome! Really beautiful isn't he? He looks like Shiloh. Do you know who Shiloh is?"
Terry and I mutter no.
"Oh, well, she's Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's baby. And he looks just like her!"
And then she left. And Terry has been on my case since then about getting Micah a haircut. He was appalled that the lady seemed to think our baby (wearing a blue plaid shirt) was a girl. I think the lady was just nuts. I mean, who refers to celebrity babies by first name only? I mean, seriously! Are we that obsessed? Of course Terry and I both know that home-wrecker Angelina and Brad Pitt did have a baby, we just don't participate in many conversations where her name comes up.
Well, we're getting Micah's first year pictures taken very soon, so I'll probably have to get him a hair cut. But, if it starts sticking up again, I'm going to seriously consider getting him a weave.
I did put Micah's picture into one of those celebrity look alike things when he was a few months old. I think he came out looking like Condoleezza Rice. But, I suppose he has coloring in common with Shiloh. I mean, I do resemble Angelina and Terry gets mistaken for Brad Pitt all the time. So it's only natural that our baby come out a little Shiloh-like, right?!

4 comments:
How in the world did you get the crazy hair to lie flat in that picture? I'm quite impressed. Also-if you ever see that lady again, tell her she needs A LIFE. Who knows celebrity babies by NAME? Lame lame lame.
Ok fine, I know Apple and Coco but those are just ridiculous names that can't be forgotten.
That wasn't supposed to be an anonymous comment. It's from me!
Oh man. I read www.celebrity-babies.com all the time. I knew exactly who Shiloh was as soon as you mentioned the name. haha And just so you know, it's a HUGE compliment to be told your baby looks like the genetic lottery winner Shiloh.
The part of this blog that bothered me the most is the dirty looks you get when taking a baby in public. Are you supposed to hibernate until children are 5 years old? THOSE are the people who need to get a life. Ahh soapboxes.
that is crazy they do look so similar...how did we not notice this! just like r-rob said....huge compliment too cute two babies
Post a Comment