Then ten minutes later he'd be crying again because he was so sleepy. And the cycle continued all day. It was exhausting. For him and for me.
At one point, when we were both crying from sheer exhaustion, I sat him on my lap and waited until he made eye-contact with me. Then I said very seriously, "Micah. I am going to put you in your swing and you are going to go to sleep, okay?" I was desperate and was resorting to scolding a 7 week old.
That's when Micah rewarded all my hard work by looking right back into my eyes and gave me the biggest grin. He giggled and apparantly thought driving his momma insane was pretty hysterical!
It gave me a much needed laugh, but unfortunately Micah still fought sleep and a bit later I was dying for his daddy to come home and take over.
Probably not the first time I'll tell him, "Wait till your daddy comes home!"
The only place he slept for more than 5 minutes all day...
No comments:
Post a Comment