Since he was first born, Micah has loved to keep his hands up by his face and mouth. Before, he lacked the muscle strength to keep them there for very long. Now, he can get his hands up all the way to his mouth and suck away! He tries to get his thumb in, but he isn't coordinated enough for that yet. He gets slobber all over his hands, and sometimes forces them deep enough into his mouth to make him gag.
Last night he kept Terry and I up with the sucking sound it was making. I think he must have sucked on his hand for an hour straight! And when he wasn't sucking he was making smacking noises!
He loves the sound of "ooohh" and so Terry and I frequently make fools of ourselves by constructing sentences he'll find hilarious. Like, "Do(ooh) you(ooh) have a boo(ooh)boo(ooh)?" Or "Cindy Lou(ooh) Who(ooh) has foo(ooh)d for you(ooh)." Micah thinks this is genius!
He still likes to watch the TV and talk to the fan. He still falls asleep in his swing every morning, and he still gets mighty relaxed at bath time.
If he's sleepy during car time and we can't get home fast enough to get him to sleep, he'll cry and wail. But, if we crank up "50 Silly, Willy, Giggly songs" he hushes up fast!
He talks more now. And naps less. Eats more, and cries less. He's still such a good baby!
Last night he kept Terry and I up with the sucking sound it was making. I think he must have sucked on his hand for an hour straight! And when he wasn't sucking he was making smacking noises!
He loves the sound of "ooohh" and so Terry and I frequently make fools of ourselves by constructing sentences he'll find hilarious. Like, "Do(ooh) you(ooh) have a boo(ooh)boo(ooh)?" Or "Cindy Lou(ooh) Who(ooh) has foo(ooh)d for you(ooh)." Micah thinks this is genius!
He still likes to watch the TV and talk to the fan. He still falls asleep in his swing every morning, and he still gets mighty relaxed at bath time.
If he's sleepy during car time and we can't get home fast enough to get him to sleep, he'll cry and wail. But, if we crank up "50 Silly, Willy, Giggly songs" he hushes up fast!
He talks more now. And naps less. Eats more, and cries less. He's still such a good baby!
1 comment:
I think that's my favorite pic of him I've seen so far. He is precious.
Post a Comment