Terry's sister Kelly lost her babysitter last week and she needed friends and family to help keep Eileen. We were lucky enough to get her for a whole 24 hours from Thursday night to Friday night.
She started crying during her first diaper change and that started a couple of hours where she would cry off and on and only be happy being held tightly and swung back and forth. Caleb, as you can see from the above picture, thought her crying was funny. I think he liked the decibles she reached!
Aunt Kelly had said that she enjoyed her bath, so we went ahead with bathtime a little earlier than we'd planned. This didn't go so well...
Here's Micah trying to give her a toy duck to calm her down.
But that just made her really mad.
So the duck got abandoned and it would appear that the boys tried to scoot away from their unhappy cuz.
After bath it was time for snuggle time with Uncle Terry before we did her night-time routine with her. She enjoyed this part. I was almost too scared to snap a photo incase it upset her, but she was happy the rest of the night.
And our good luck continued the next day as we learned that the best way to get Eileen happy is to keep her happy from the get-go.
Besides watching Micah move around (and trying to avoid the poking fingers of Caleb) she gravitated to three things:
Her angel,
this football which she chewed on for 90% of the day,
and Turner the screw driver which kept falling into her shirt. She'd bend her head down and suck on it.
She enjoyed the boys jam session with the guitar until Caleb got too excited and starting shrieking. She didn't like when her rowdy cousins got noisy.
We had fun keeping her. (Even if it did set Terry back a few months in our planning for baby #3. I had to keep reminding him that Caleb would be much older by the time we have another baby, so it really wouldn't be similar at all to our slumber party with Eileen.)
Eileen, you're welcome anytime! We love cousins!!














2 comments:
LOVE IT!! You guys are the best--I'm sorry she's such a fussypants, but I know we'll all have fun reminding her of this when she's older. The pics are great! I hope it's the first of many future cousin slumber parties to come (=
haha! That was great. It's always a challenge to get to find in a few minutes what it took other parents' months to figure out what keeps a baby happy. (I know - that sentence was ripe with grammatical errors!) The picture of the boys frowning at her in the bath tub cracked me up! Do you find that she was more dramatic than your boys were at that age? I'm still curious if girls start out with more drama from the get-go. I theorize that yes, they do, if my girls are any indication! I bet those kiddos will have a LOT of fun growing up together!
Post a Comment