Sunday, December 6, 2009

Santa's Wonderland

Except for our actual family Christmases, our trip to Santa's Wonderland is my next favorite night of the year. The hour long trip to College Station is worth it. In fact, this year, we went on one of the busiest days and we didn't realize you could park on the other side of the highway and take a bus into Santa's town. So, we got caught up in a line of cars waiting to get in and it took us an additional 50 minutes of car time! Unbelievably enough, we all dealt pretty well with the wait. Even Caleb didn't get grouchy till the last 15 minutes or so.

Micah was pretending to be mad about being stuck in the car so long.

But he was so excited to see Santa that nothing could have spoiled his mood. Right after we snapped this "angry" picture he burst out laughing!


Caleb spent the whole night in the sling.

I was able to pull it over his head completely and he stayed warm and slept while we wandered through Santa's Town. We did wake him for a bottle and to sit on Santa's lap of course!


Here are Micah and Terry standing in the fake snow that comes every few minutes or so in front of the saloon. It's hard to see in the picture, but it's a pretty good amount.

We stopped to eat in the rustic restaurant area which backs up to the lights. I really love their food. It tastes like homemade. Terry and I had frito pie this year and Micah had biscuits and gravy.



Next was sitting by the bonfire and listening to the cowboy band sing Christmas carols.

I love the little shops they have and I always regret not budgeting in advance to spend some money buying Christmas gifts here.






Next we walked through the tunnel and trees of lights to get to the hayride that would take us through the 10 minute path of Christmas lights.


A nice lady took a photo of us on the hayride while we waited for it to start.

A few minutes after she snapped the photo, I heard her exclaim to the girl with her, "Oh, they've got another little one over there!" I guess Caleb had been well-concealed!

I noticed halfway through the hayride that Caleb had woken up and was quietly watching all the lights as we went passed.

It was SO fun and we can't wait to go back next year!

3 comments:

Emily said...

We're going this week. I'm SUPER excited!!

cmf9ferrell said...

Such a fun tradition!! Looks like tons of fun!

Mama Q said...

Ugh! I totally wanted to go last year after seeing this blog and it's even cuter this year. I need to convince Grant to take me. I love the idea of making it a tradition! P.S. You look stink'n cute in your hat!