The birthday girl came as Wonder Woman.
Terry was Jim from Blazing Saddles (check out those side burns!). I was trying to be creative and so I went as a "Soul Sister." As in the Lady Marmalade song that was originally released in the 70s. My afro, disco ball earrings, and female sign necklace were the 'soul' part. The nun's habit was meant to be the 'sister' part. About halfway through the party someone pointed out, rather astutely, that I looked more like Whoopi Goldberg in Sister Act!
My mom came as pregnant. Because, well in 1979 she was pregnant with Jill.
Laura came as Snow White to represent Disney World's grand opening in Orlando in the 70s. And Mel was decked out as a Disco Diva.
There was also a brick house and a hippie.
And some more hippies...
And John Lennon and Yoko Ono.
The party was a lot of fun! We had a disco ball, lava lamps, original 1970s pop culture posters. I tried to have some 1970s dances, but it never caught on. Emily commented that if Ashley had been there, she would have for sure gotten the dancing going! And what party is complete without fake rats, Golden Girls theme song sing-alongs, a few church hymns, a group rendition of 'the robot,' and giant pixi stix? Not to mention a love connection between the babysitter we hired and my step-brother! What a fun night!
Happy Birthday Aunt Jill!







.jpg)

2 comments:
It was a BLAST! But you forgot to mention one thing...the funky flavored candy corn!
nevermind...I keep messing up ;)Looks like ya'll had fun!
Post a Comment