Monday, May 4, 2009

What We've Been Up To


-Yesterday was Caleb's due date. I felt a bit guilty when I realized that by choosing to induce, we deprived him of nearly 2 more weeks in the womb. Looking at his still tiny and skinny body just makes me feel selfish for inducing. But there were also a lot of positives concerning the induction that I won't take the time to get into.

-Caleb had an ultrasound this morning. There might be an issue with his kidneys. Please pray. We're hoping to have more information tomorrow.

-Baby and Momma have both gotten out a lot already. Terry and I had a date for Valentine's only a few days after Micah was born, but that's about the only thing I did for 6 weeks. With Caleb, we've already been out to celebrate our anniversary, been to Chuck E. Cheese, and been grocery shopping (that was just me, not Caleb). I think that just proves how much better I'm recovering this time, but is also a result of being more laid back as second time parents.

Micah loved Chuck E. Cheese. He and Terry ran around while Caleb and I stayed put at the table (with the pizza!). Here's what Caleb did the whole time- this is my view looking down at him in his sling. One of the reasons I love the sling so much is that it keeps Caleb cocooned and away from germs even when we're out.

-Nearly all the family has stopped by to see baby Caleb by now. Papa finally got back from business trips and stopped by to hang our with Addie, Caleb, and Micah.

-Tomorrow Caleb will turn two weeks old. It feels like he's been a part of the family for much longer though.

4 comments:

Tyler said...

OMGoodness! Caleb is WAY too cute for words. I can't wait until next week!!! AHH

Emily said...

I just love seeing pics of your family. :) Caleb looks so snug in the sling, you are right. And you picked the perfect print for your sling.

cmf9ferrell said...

You look so good with those two boys in your arms! I will be praying for Caleb...keep us posted!

Olivia said...

I love the picture of you and both the boys! So cute!