Sunday, July 27, 2008

Little Helper

A few months ago I hit a wall where it was difficult to get much housecleaning done with Micah following on my heels. It didn't take long for me to learn that by making every chore a game I could get him to help me and we'd both have a good time. It's so fun I don't even realize that all the chores take twice as long with Micah's "help." I took some pics of him doing his favorite thing...laundry!

He's really good at putting his dirty clothes in the hamper. And when it's time for laundry, he helps me put the clothes into a basket and then he pushes the basket to the laundry room. Then he grabs the clothes by handfuls and I pick him up and let him drop the clothes in the washer.

When that's done he stands in front of the dryer and I give him a dryer sheet. He usually tries to suck on it a million times before he'll relent and actually put it into the dryer.
Then I hand him wet clothes one by one and he sucks on them a bit too, before pushing them into the dryer.

Then he slams the door closed and I pick him up and let him push the button.


He helps me take the clothes out of the dryer, too. And after they're folded he loves putting them into their drawers. It makes our dressers a little messy, but he loves it, so it's worth it!

1 comment:

Emily said...

What a good mom you are. I bet all that picking up/putting down is good arm exercise too! Something about that picture of him opening the dryer door, he looks a lot like you.