That busyness is partly because I've started a new part time job (diaper realty- haha inside joke!) but mostly it was because I was out of town and away from Micah Friday through Sunday for a wedding.
This past weekend I attended the most touching wedding I've ever been to. Ok, excluding my own! My lovely, lovely friend Olivia is now officially Mrs. Bales. And she was welcomed into the Bales family with open arms! I haven't cried as much at any other rehearsal dinner, or in fact, at any other single event since I was chock-full of hormones from giving birth.I can not say enough nice things about Olivia's new family and friends. My blog is the best medium for me to give these wonderful people the applause they deserve. At the mexican-themed rehearsal, Neil's mom gave us each a recipe for what she called the Bales Brand of chili. The real Bales brand, though, would have to be genuine generosity.
Neil's warm parents, his fun brothers, his funny sister-in-laws, his charming (and not at all typically chauvinistic) groomsmen, and even his adorable flower girl of a niece exude God's love in everything they do. I had a wonderful time and have never walked away from a wedding feeling more relief that my deserving friend has landed in a soft spot.
Neil's brother commented that he can appreciate God's perfection in the new couple. God created them to compliment each other and something bizarre happens when they are together. I apologize for the cheesiness, but it's almost electric! It's a happy environment with an open door policy and love to spare. I am honored to have a friend so wonderful that she commands the attention of such an enthusiastic and loving group of people.
Cheers to the Bales, the Fitzgeralds, and everyone else involved in the wedding (you too, Mama Cari!). You did a wonderful job! (And I didn't trip in my freakishly tall heels, which is a whole other kind of accomplishment! Thank you steady groomsman!)
2 comments:
Yes they are a perfect couple!! Just like James and me. ;)
But mostly like Grant and me... ;)
Post a Comment