Sunday, July 29, 2007

Morning Glory

In the last post I wrote about nightime with Micah, but nothing--absolutely nothing-- beats Saturday mornings in our house. Terry and I try in vain to steal a few more minutes of sleep in the morning by pulling a squirmy and early-rising Micah into our bed between us. We might catch another 5 minutes of sleep before Micah's conversation with the fan gets too loud, or he'll reach over and tug at our nose or try to put his fingers in our mouths. Once we're awake we tickle him, or sing to him, generally just do whatever it takes to hear his little squeals of delight. We play in bed so long that before we know it it's time for Micah to nap and then we all fall back asleep together. It's wonderful.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh I can't wait for those days!! How cute and sweet that sounds.