I think we've figured out how to pre-empt Micah's screaming nap times by putting hom down for more frequent, shorter naps rather than letting him take just a few longer ones. This new scedule is working great for him!
But, his nights of sleeping through the night are long gone. I got 3 or 4 nights in a row of him sleeping until 6 a.m., but we're back to a 3 a.m. and a 6 a.m. feeding now.
We're trying to get him used to drinking from a cup, so that when we transition from nursing to formula (still don't know when that will be yet) he'll be able to drink the formula from a cup instead of getting used to a bottle. Our pediatrician recommended this as a way to avoid him getting attached to the bottle. He can drink from a cup on his own, but since there's only water in the cup, he's not really interested.
He's been eating rice cereal 5 or 6 times a week since Father's Day. At first he would take it, but he didn't like it too much. But, now he's eating twice as much and enjoying it. It's fun to see him progress! When we first started he didn't know a spoon from a dog, but when you hold the spoon up now, he'll open his mouth and lean in for the food! We'll probably start introducing more foods around 6 or 6.5 months or so. I'm going to attempt making his food instead of buying the pre-packaged jars. After giving him only natural and wholesome food for 6 months, it just seems like a better idea to continue giving him only the freshest foods. We'll see how long I can stick to it!
1 comment:
You'll have to let me know if making the food is easy or hard. I think that's a great idea. And I can't believe he's big enough already to drink from a cup. I guess he'll be ready for long division by the time we get back to the states.
Post a Comment