Wednesday, January 31, 2007

"What's an Apostrophe?" and other late-term ailments

This post is in honor of the third trimester idiocy that has been taking over my brain.

I was just looking around online and came across the word 'apostrophe' in my readings. Don't have a clue what an apostrophe is right now. I know it's some sort of punctuation. But, that's the extent of my knowledge.

I wish I could remember the other few words whose meanings have temporarily fallen out of my brain. I think I have this issue at least once a day now.

Maybe it's due to the lack of sleep I'm getting. On the days when I'm not taking Tylenol PM, I average about 2 hours of sleep. Partly due to plain ol' insomnia and partly due to the cramping I've been feeling.

I might have jinxed myself- I bought Micah a Valentines shirt. I couldn't help it. It's got a cute purple puppy dog on it and it says Puppy Love. Nothing fancy, but now I'm worried that in my eagerness to celebrate his first Valentine's I've jinxed myself and he won't be here by then.

My Dr. did say she'd induce before letting us go past the due date- (which is JUST 9 DAYS FROM NOW PEOPLE!) but I'm worried when I see her tomorrow she'll have changed her mind.

Speaking of tomorrow's appointment- keep changing my mind about allowing another 'cervix massage.' If I could know for sure that it'd bring on labor naturally and spare me from induction- I'd be all over it. But, I'd rather avoid the pain (and frankly the horrible 24 hours after the exam) if it's not going to get me any closer.

We'll see...
Meanwhile, anyone who'd like to share with me what an apostrophe is- I'm all for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

'... as in Sarah's baby's on the way!! :) Last night I forgot the word for cilantro and I'm not even pregnant.