Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Micah's Updated Growth

We are now 24 and a half weeks along, so I thought I'd update you with Micah's progress. I'm also including some of the things that, according to www.motherbliss.com, are happening to me now.

WEEK 23

ME
I may start to feel Braxton-Hicks contractions.
Micah can be felt through my abdominal wall now.


MICAH
Tater is approx 31cm long and weighs about 440g/15.5oz
He still looks red and wrinkled because although fat is being produced, skin is being produced at a much higher rate, causing it to hang loosely.
The baby continues to swallow amniotic fluid and pass it back as urine.
Swallowing the amniotic fluid may give Micah hiccups, which I may soon be able to feel.
Micah's scrotum is now well-developed.



WEEK 24 (Where we are right now)

ME
I will be putting on weight at the rate of about 1 lb per week.
Weight gain will start taking its toll:
Backache, aching feet and general tiredness may be a problem.
Resting with my feet above my heart, and wearing comfortable shoes should help.


MICAH
Tater is approx 33cm long and weighs about 0.5 kg/1lb
His eyes (although still closed) are close together on the front of his face.
Ears will move into their final position on the sides of his head.
Micah continues to grow hair on his scalp.
He develops his own pattern of waking and resting periods.
Heartbeat can now be heard with an ordinary sthethoscope.
My voice (and Dad's of course!) can be heard clearly by baby Domino.


WEEK 25 (Where we'll be as of Friday 10/27)

ME
My uterus is now the size of a soccer ball.
My uterus, along with the growing baby, puts increased pressure on my bladder causing me to make frequent trips to the restroom.
Heartburn will be quite common now, especially after heavy meals.

MICAH
Micah is approx 34cm long and weighs about 0.6 kg/1lb 4oz
Testes start to descend into his scrotum (poor Micah has no privacy!).
Micah's own unique fingerprints begin to form.

1 comment:

Emily said...

soooo exciting!! I want to see some pics of that 1-lb-a-week-growing-belly! Wish I was there in person. Love ya and miss you!!