I went shopping today to get some much-needed new pants. Whenever I go out now, I feel horrible because I don't fit into any of my clothes, I'm all sweaty, and since I'm not very far along I just look fat, not pregnant.
So, going out isn't really fun because my self esteem is purty low.
Mel called while I was standing in the checkout line at a maternity store and I commented how hard it is to find things to fit you in this 'in between' time. After I hung up, I was fanning myself and the lady in line in front of me turned to ask if I was hot, too. I said "Very." Then we got a good laugh at the checkout girl who was shivering in her long sleeves. She mentioned she'd overheard my conversation with Mel and she knew how I felt. She said she was amazed at how fast she even grew out of her "fat pants." We figured out we were only a week apart in due dates and both carrying our first baby. From there we talked for several minutes about how we'd read books about pregnancy but you still aren't prepared for it. You don't realize when you're reading about 9,000 side effects and weird body phenomenons that all 9,000 WILL happen to you.
It was so nice to have someone to identify with, UNTIL her turn in line was up and she dropped the pile of clothes she'd been carrying in front of her on the counter. UM- HELLO!!! She had to be a whole whopping size FOUR! How is that fair? A size four and she'd already grown out of her fat pants?? Guess those were a size two!
1 comment:
Congrats on your little tater!! Your life will never be the same!! I loved reading your blogs. If you don't mind I am going to bookmark it and come back and read your progress.
I'm from Houston too, but I live in Michigan now. Boy do I miss Texas!!
Good luck!
Post a Comment