Monday, July 10, 2006

Chunky Chinese Food and a Hole

I'm only about three weeks away until I'm in my second trimester which supposedly brings more energy and less nausea. Sure wish I could have been a little less nauseous today when I had to deal with...

chunky chinese food.

I walked into the office before my boss was in this morning and immediately had a gag reflex. The stench was so overwhelming I couldn't even go inside. I had to wait outside for a few minutes to catch my breath before running in and grabbing the trash bags and running back out. Even after I took the trash out the smell was insane. I was so sure I was going to throw up (and I assumed I was going to find a dead dog or something inside). I turned all the air systems on full blast and pulled a fan out and plugged it up to where it would blow straight into my nose. I couldn't understand why it still smelled.

My boss came in an hour later and knew immediately why it smelled-- she'd left chinese food under her desk all weekend. Note- we do not leave the air running over the weekend- so there was NO air circulation the whole time! The smell is permanently burnt into my nose.

To top it all off I got a hole in my pants just below the zipper. At about 7 weeks I had to start wearing only my "fat pants" and a few stretchy pairs I'd bought. But, now it looks like I'm going to have to go ahead and make the move to maternity clothes. Man- I at least wanted to make it to the second trimester.

4 comments:

amusings_bnl said...

hey -- i came here via your dad. i've been blogging since 2001 and love new blogs (especially baby blogs) so I'd like to offer not only my parenting encouragement but also my blogging encouragement.

Wishing you the best of luck. and i'll be bookmarking you to follow the progress of tater huxtable.

christine
http://www.amusings.net/clg

Emily said...

blech. I can't stand Chinese food when it's fresh! I would've gagged and I'm not even going through morning sickness. I'm proud of your body for handling it!

soontobeopa? said...

Only 7 weeks?! I can't wait that long!

S. Domino said...

What about seven weeks? You mean seven months???