Micah and Caleb standing together at the window watching our plane pull up to the runway. (They were both excellent flyers.)
Micah getting his souvenir and snack tickets on the plane.
Caleb's finger. No matter how tired he was he couldn't help but point out all his beloved characters. Especially Mickey. He found the little mouse on stage, sweatshirts, signs, rides, posters, and even a mailbox...
Eating with the dinosaurs. And Caleb being so tired he fell asleep on the table. Terry and I had soaking wet shoes, socks, and pants, but we were having too much fun to go home, so we enjoyed a meal with some dinos before heading back to the condo.
Caleb's enjoyment of being freed from the stroller or sling so he could run and run and run and run. And climb. And occassionally crawl. And skip. Always with his mouth wide open!
Total glee from Micah at getting to shoot a laser gun in the Buzz Lightyear ride. (He loved it so much that he chose the same gun in a toy version as his one souvenir.)
I got to take Micah on his first roller coaster. I was worried he wasn't going to like it and after the first big dip I heard a noise coming from his direction. I thought, "Oh, no. He's crying!" But, nope, he was saying, "WHEEE!" He loved this ride so much he did it three times. With me (in the middle), Terry (in the last seat), and Nonna (in the very front!).
We heard, "That was cool!" from Micah a lot. The first time was after he got to see Mickey's bedroom.
Peter Pan and Wendy worried when they heard that Micah dressed as Captain Hook for Halloween. But once they sniffed him out for pirate smells they decided he was more friend than foe.
Caleb fell in love with Snow White. Micah enjoyed her too. Several hours after he got a big, red kiss planted on his forehead, he asked me, worriedly, "When I take a bath, will my kiss come off?" He was disapointed when I said yes.
The Christmas decorations were truly magical. And although we couldn't expect the boys to do much sightseeing when there were so many activities to do, we did get to watch the castle light up, and we really loved the Osbourne lights in Hollywood Studios.
Toy Story Mania was more than just another ride where Micah could use a gun. It also gave us a chance to see Caleb's favorite toy monkeys and Micah's highly-favored Lincoln Logs.
Caleb loves Donald Duck and the whole time we stood in line watching him, Caleb said, "Quack, Quack!" But then when we got close he started crying. As soon as we walked away Caleb said, "Quack Quack, bye-bye!"
The boys got to work together to play games and try to "save money" to put in their piggy bank at this exhibit about money.
Then Micah and Terry got to use special water guns to put out various "fires" in this "house."
Micah's favorite ride was Spaceship Earth. Followed closely by the Barnstormer Roller Coaster and Buzz Lightyear and then the Honey I Shrunk The Kids playground. Although it made me claustrophobic to crawl through the tunnels, both boys loved burning off energy here.
Caleb's favorite ride, if I had to guess, was "it's a small world." But when it comes to shows, there's nothing that could beat seeing all his favorite characters at Playhouse Disney!
(Caleb was all smiles during "it's a small world.")
(Playhouse Disney borught Mickey and gang, Handy Manny and tools, Winnie the Pooh and friends, and Little Einsteins to life as puppets in a musical show!)
It was exhausting and I don't know how we managed the week with two little ones. But we're such Disney fans and to Terry and I, the trip ranks right up there just behind the day our babies were born. There's nothing like taking them to a place where they feel at home with all the characters they love. It's magical to see them get so excited! Thank you so much Papaw and Nonna.





















2 comments:
The whole time I was reading this, I was thinking how such cool and fun parents y'all are! And then I also thought that Hazel has some competition!
I'm so glad to see that you had a great time!
Post a Comment