Lindsey teaches a high school class in our district. She teaches the high schoolers how to run a pre-school. Ever since she got this job we've planned on sending our kiddoes to her. We had some hesitations about starting this October due to expenses and time constraints relating to my current treatment. But when we found out that 8 wonderful, wonderful people had already taken care of the tuition for us, we happily continued along with our plans for Micah to join the Eagle's Nest pre-school!
We went for Parent's Night the Thursday before classes started (Micah goes Tues, Wed, Thurs for 5.5 hours) and received paper for Micah to make an "All About Me" poster. He chose pictures of himself to add to the paper, in addition to some magazine clippings of things he liked. Then he told me what to write by each picture.
One of the hardest adjustments for Terry and I is getting Micah up and dressed in time in the morning. It sure has given us an appreciation for the hard work that working moms and dads put forth each morning just to leave the house on time!
Micah got this jacket from Austin and he adores it. He sometimes likes to wear it around the house. So I shouldn't have been surprised when he chose to wear it to his first day of school.
He loves his Batman backpack and Toy Story lunchbox!
The first few days Micah only liked school enough to allow himself to be forced to go. He'd say he preferred to stay home, but we'd successfully get him out the door. Unfortunately his new pre-school schedule coincided with my radiation beginning so he and Caleb have had a difficult time adjusting to having to go to a sitter's every day. It's made them both really, really exhausted. It's been hard for Terry and I to see their energy wane and their moods get grouchier. One of the things I value about being a stay at home mom is being able to stop moving whenever the boys need it. So it's hard for me to see them need rest that they can't seem to get because we're so busy. If I could get Micah to nap that would certainly help. But he only succumbs to sleep once or twice a week.
After one week of school he and I shared this lovely conversation:
Me: (after just picking him up from school) I'm going to drive you to school in the morning instead of Daddy because Daddy has to be at work early.
Micah: But I love Daddy.
Me: I love Daddy too. And I love Micah and I love Caleb.
Micah: I love Daddy and I love Caleb.
Me: (silent, ignoring his irksome mood)
Micah: Aren't you going to ask if I love you?
Me: No.
Micah: (silence...) Well. I don't.
Me: Ok.
Micah: (silence...) Doesn't that make you sad?
Me: No.
Micah: (sighs) It's supposed to make you sad when someone doesn't love you.
Oy! Such attitude! I've always said the difference between a well-behaved kid and a crazy one is a nap!
And poor Caleb has had an even harder time. He starts crying as soon as we pull into the driveway of the sitters house Tuesday through Friday. (For some reason he's distracted enough with Ms. Jennie that he doesn't cry on Mondays!)


1 comment:
Cute poster, cute jacket. :) I've missed your family blogs!
Post a Comment