Cancer keeps me busy, but I don't want to lose these months worth of memories of the kids. Here's what they've been up to lately...
Micah has been testing us again. His vocabulary is growing with leaps and bounds. He's been saying things like, "If you make me take a nap I'm gonna run away!" and "If you give me a spanking I'm gonna fight!" We recently bought him a pre-school Bible and he's slowly starting to learn some scripture, thanks to Terry. He knows, "In the beginning, God made the Heavens and earth." He knows another one from Genesis that I can't remember right now (so I guess he's doing better than me!)
Caleb is walking around the whole house on his skinny little legs. If he even hears the door to my bedroom or the guest bathroom open, he runs for them. He thinks my bedroom is fun and he runs to the restroom in hopes of playing in the potty!
Caleb's favorite things to do lately are pull all the dvds from their shelf, and play with the faucet on our bathtub. Luckily the hot water faucet is too far for him to reach. So we don't mind when he turns on the cold water and splashes around. He is still a picky eater. If you give him something he doesn't like he'll wave his hands on his tray until the food falls onto the floor. He is still not talking much. But I can tell that he's understanding a lot of words. We've used the pacifier too much in the past, and it may be crazy timing because chemo starts tomorrow, but I'm stopping the pacifier during naps. Once we get that accomplished we'll try to lose it at night too.
Before my surgery we told Micah that we'd take him to the zoo once my bandaids were gone. SO last Saturday we planned a big trip. We got up early, packed the wagon and appropriate clothes. But we never got to go- it poured! So since we were close by, we went ahead and went to the children's museum. Here are some pictures...
Of course, Micah loved this earth puzzle. It gives you two minutes to complete it and then it spins the pieces off and you have to start over. I'm embarrased to say it took us three tries!
I'm not exactly sure what kind of face coloring Caleb had- yellow nose and blue whiskers I guess. Micah let me give him a smiley face and then he gave me a blue smudge on my cheek. It was a fun day!
+of+may+2010+060.jpg)
+of+may+2010+061.jpg)
+of+may+2010+064.jpg)
+of+may+2010+067.jpg)

+of+may+2010+071.jpg)
+of+may+2010+072.jpg)
+of+may+2010+077.jpg)
+of+may+2010+079.jpg)
+of+may+2010+080.jpg)
1 comment:
What a fun family outing!! Sarah you look SOOO pretty!
Post a Comment