Sunday, May 30, 2010

Visitng Me At The Hospital

I missed my boys so much while I was in the hospital after my first chemotherapy treatment. So Terry brought them up to see me. Micah had fun playing with the buttons on my hospital bed.

Caleb spent most of his time standing at the window watching the cars drive by on the freeway outside.


I was worried about them getting bored in my tiny room. I also worried that I'd get worn out and need sleep while they were there. So I made up a game for Micah to play.

Together we came up with a list of things for him to find in the hospital. Then Terry put Caleb in the stroller and gave Micah the camera. They set out in the halls of the hospital to take pictures of the things on our list. The last thing he had to find was a vending machine. I told him that if he found everything on the list and made it to the vending machine that he could spend some of his money to buy some candy.

Here are the pictures from his scavenger hunt...

A window.

A door.

An elevator button.

A circle. (He was very excited that he got one photo of two circles!)

Soap.

A telephone. (It's on the desk.)

A chair.

A television.

And I guess he and Terry were both too distracted by candy to actually take a photo of the vending machine.

Two days after I came home from the hospital I was able to be the one to get up with the boys in the morning for the first time in weeks. I had to snap this photo of them curled up on the couch watching cartoons in the dark. They really are growing up so fast! I'm thankful to see how God arranged our family. It seems like having two boys so close together will hopefully allow them to be really close and lean on each other should things get hard again when they're older. Regarding my health or anything, really.

1 comment:

cmf9ferrell said...

So glad they were able to visit you in the hospital. They are both so precious! What a cool game you came up with!!