Friday, February 26, 2010

BoyMom

A few weeks after Caleb was born, Mel bought me this hat. The owner and designer of these BoyMom clothes and hats is a former "girly girl" who has since been blessed with two boys. She, like me, has discovered that boys are um...different than us girls.

I don't have any brothers so I have never understood bathroom humor. To me, it's just not funny. I mean, it's not even a novelty. Every person who has ever lived in any part of the world has, for example, passed gas before. Where's the humor, right?

Well, the other day I was cooking in the kitchen and Micah comes running in to tell me something. I bend down to his level and in the middle of his sentence he pauses. He gets a look on his face like he's concentrating really hard. And then he just ... er, lets one rip.

Now, my position on this so far has been to ignore it or remind him to say excuse me or go to the restroom. And this time I'm trying to follow suit. But I'm having to try really hard to keep a straight face because Micah is cracking up. Really and truly dying laughing. Like he's just done the funniest thing in the world. The delight he got from such a silly and pretty stupid behavior was catching and it was SO darn hard to not laugh with him. In the end I had to cover my mouth and turn my head to keep from letting him see me laugh.

It was yet another reminder for me that boys are just hard-wired differently. I have no idea what was so funny about the whole episode, but to Micah it was hysterical. Such odd little creatures, these boys who are overtaking my home. :)

2 comments:

Lori Roberson said...

Thanks for the link to the boymom hat. I am going to have to get me one!!

Emily said...

That definitely made me giggle!!