Ok, enough of that nonsense.
(Check out the pretty "orange flowers" Micah got me for my birthday.)
When I got back last night, I was dying to see my boys.
I was surprised by how much they'd changed. I think Micah must have grown 2 inches! Every day is a surprise with my oldest son. Last week he wrote his name and I thought, "Wait, isn't he a baby, still?" I can't believe he'll be three in just a few weeks.
Olivia sent me home with a huge box of file folder games last night. Micah and I had to play some right away and I was so amazed at how quickly he's grown and learned. It just happens so fast. I can't overstate that. It's just too fast!
And speaking of growing up, Caleb has two front bottom teeth.
When I left Friday he had just one. Now there is a new tooth poking through. I love his new toothy smile. He's nearly nine months now, so even though he got his teeth late, he still beat his big brother in the dental category by a few weeks.
Caleb is very active. He moves around the house at lightening speed. He puts everything into his mouth. Everything. He picks things up using both his pointer fingers. Think of ET pushing his fingers together and then picture a baby cracker in between those fingers. That's how Caleb eats.
It hasn't been that long since we were so tired by two children that we wondered if there would ever be a third. But things are coming together quite nicely at home now. I cut out some activities and Terry and I took advantage of the holiday and tried to rest and organize the house. All of that in addition to my full weekend away made me come home last night and say to Terry, "I'm ready to try for #3."
To that, Terry said, "Sure you are. You just spent three days with no kids!" So, needless to say, he's not ready yet!
(This is the link to a great blog regarding family finances and SAHMs. It's similar to a conversation I just had yesterday with Lindsey and Emily, so here it is if any of you want to read it.)






1 comment:
Thanks for that link - how did the author know we were just talking about old couches?! :)
That's so funny - when I got home I marveled to James at how Hazel had grown while I was gone.
Post a Comment