First we exchanged gifts with Terry's mom, Granna. She got a bit short-changed this year because we usually do a big dinner with her, Mammaw, and Granna's sisters. But this year the Scott women are all spread out and so it was just us and Granna. (I'd just given Micah a bath in baby oil to help counteract his dry skin, so his hair looks all oily from it. Not the best time for that bath, I guess!)
Early on Christmas Eve the boys got their letters from Santa in the mail.
Next was Christmas Eve at Mel's house. It's mine and Terry's favorite night of the year.
Mel's house is so festive with her many decorations and beautiful tree. It must have felt like a magical world to Adriah, Caleb, and Micah.
Santa came by for a few minutes. He passed out some goodies then bid his goodbyes so he could get back in the sleigh. (At the end of the night Micah timidly asked my dad, "Pawpaw, you was a Santa?" There's no foolin' him!)
Caleb and Adriah seemed to enjoy their first Christmas Eves. Caleb went to sleep while we ate dinner and I got him our of bed to open gifts. He wasn't too happy about that and so he was back in his bed pretty quickly.
We had a birthday cake for Jesus and read Micah and Caleb's Christmas Story book.
Micah enjoyed all the loot he got and at one point or another I think everyone joined him in playing some of his new games. I think he especially enjoyed helping Terry pass out the presents. That's a job that requires wearing a Santa hat and Micah wore his proudly!
2 comments:
Caleb has gotten so big! I need to see him soon! Such cute pictures!!
That's so cute that he knew Papaw was Santa! I love all these pics of your family.
Post a Comment