Instead of being able to hop in bed, we joined mom and Laura (both serious procrastinators) in the middle of the living room floor as they wrapped their gifts for the morning. Terry and I had to take the toys that were to be from Santa out of the packages. We had to assemble toys and attach special gift tags from Santa. I got huffy when I had trouble putting a gift together and I needed a screw driver and my mom just laughed. She told us to wait 'till the kids get older when instead of putting together small plastic toys we'll be requiring entire toolboxes to put togegther big things like bikes untill the wee hours of the morning.
The kids slept uncharictaristically late on Christmas morning and Grandpa David and I were up roaming the house in anticipation long before anyone else. Finally the kids started to stir. We made Luke, Caleb, and Micah all come down the stairs together (Adriah was spending her first Christmas at home with her mom and dad and would join us later.) Here's Micah getting his first glimpse of toys below.
Micah spotted the coveted Mickey Mouse Clubhouse from Santa right away. Caleb immediately went to his new walker and was content to spin around the hard woods at Grandma's house for twenty minutes (too bad he's bored with it at home!).
Their other gifts from Santa were a Lightning McQueen jumpsuit (Micah) a red teddy bear (Caleb) and an inflated punching bag (Micah and Caleb). Micah played with these toys and Caleb went down for his first nap as we waited for Aunt Jill, Uncle Bill, and Adriah before we opened our gifts to each other.
Mom made a big breakfast and we ate as we watched the kids play with their gifts. Here's Micah in his Super Why costume.
I didn't take any photos at my gmas-- too busy eating I guess. So on to Christmas #5.
On New Year's Day we celebrate with Terry's siblings. I love having Christmas stretch a whole week longer for us than the rest of the country! Usually we play a gift-giving game at the mall, but this year we did the regular gift thing so it was just a relaxing and quiet day at our house.
We made gingerbread houses.
Here's Uncle Kyle with the notepads Terry and I made for everyone. Micah's handprint and artwork. Caleb's footprint. We xerox'd them, shrunk them down and had Office Depot make notepads. I loved them!
I think Uncle Tyler took some good pics of Eileen and Caleb in their matching first Christmas pjs. I'll post those when Aunt Kelly sends her next batch of photos. So, sad to say, that's all the pictures I've got of this day, too. I put the camera down once we started playing Harry Potter CLUE! Mine and Terry's new favorite thing! (It's a good thing you can't just play two-player or else we'd never get anything done!) Thanks for the gift Uncle Tyler. You'll be proud to know I've beat your brother two times now! We've come a long way since the Simpsons, man!
1 comment:
Caleb has grown!! I can't believe it!
Your notepads turned out so cute. I want to see pics of the other things you made too, you little crafty thing. :)
Post a Comment