So, the goal I work to is getting things done by the time Terry comes home. If I don't finish, I add it to the next days list and don't stress and if I finish early- guilt-free free time is in order! When Terry leaves in the morning the house and Micah are clean and happy. When he comes home, the same is true. But, what happens in the in between time is a tornado. Case in point- here is a picture of my house during laundry...
Then there's the stay at home mom's wardrobe! On this particular day Micah and I had been out somewhere for the morning and when we finally got home he was starving. So, I took my top off, leaving my tank on, threw on the 1st pair of sweat pants I saw (they just happened to have bleach stains from cleaning) and didn't even bother to take my jewelry off, but threw my hair in a pony and went to feed Micah. Of course, once I was done, I didn't bother changing. I'm sure Terry came home and thought, "Hot stuff!"
Micah never cares what I look like...
And here's the hair after a day of rolling around on the floor with the babe...
And, maybe most horrific of all, is what becoming a mom has done to my body. I'm sure the extra curves will continue to melt away, and the stretch marks or battle scars as Terry calls them, will fade. But, I'm proud of what my body's done and is capable of doing again. Life is God's greatest miracle and I'm grateful he allows women to be a part of it. I can't believe I'm doing this, but here's what I look like now...
2 comments:
Way to go for not being ashamed of your battle scars! We all need to be educated on what a mom looks like. Or should I say Super Mom? :) You look great - even in sweat pants.
Btw, I don't know how he managed, but Micah looks even cuter now. I didn't think that was possible.
Sarah & Terry
Thanks sooo much for the cool diaper bag. I like the black. It's good that I won't always have to walk around with a girly diaper bag for Hazel all the time. Especially on those days when we have father/daughter dates!
Post a Comment