Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Flash of Genius

I've kept Caleb in pullups ever since he had that one gloriously successfull day of potty training. I kept thinking he'd get interested in the potty and try it again. Finally, yesterday, I gave in and bought diapers instead of pullups thinking we'd wait a few more months before he'd need to be able to pull his pants down on his own.

So last night the boys are squeaky clean from their bath and they run naked to their bedroom. Micah goes to grab some underwear and Caleb follows suit. Caleb pulls out a Toy Story pair and says, "Buzz!" I say, "No, you can't wear undies until you pee-pee in the Elmo potty. You need to put on a diaper."

He puts the undies down, runs to the bathroom and pees in the potty. Just like that.

I KNEW he knew what this was all about! It proves once and for all that he's just being stubborn about using the potty!

I let him wear his undies over his diaper to bed. And today I've promised him juice if he would just use the potty. So far he doens't care, though.

Potty training for Caleb seems to be following the same pattern as everything else regarding Caleb. He understands what you want from him. he knows how to give you what he want. But he'll only give it to you when he's ready. Stu-bborn!

3 comments:

Mel Lanier said...

So how about replacing Elmo with a big picture of Buzz on the potty, since he seems to be incentive. Worth a shot.

cmf9ferrell said...

I have a STUBBORN one at home too!!!

Emily said...

I still think he's the easiest potty trainer EVER!